Astros, reliever Crain agree to 1-year deal
All-Star free-agent reliever Jesse Crain has agreed to a one-year deal with the Houston Astros.
Financial terms were not released.
Crain made the All-Star team last season with a 0.74 ERA in 37 appearances for the White Sox. He had a streak of 29 straight appearances without allowing a run from April 17 to June 22. Crain was traded to Tampa Bay on July 29, but didn't appear in a game for the Rays because of a right shoulder strain.
Houston's bullpen was one of the biggest problems last season on a team that lost a franchise-record 111 games and had the worst record in the majors.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 16 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 25 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 56 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 15 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
14 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
16 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos