Source: Rodney, M's agree on 2-year deal
Free agent closer Fernando Rodney has reached agreement on a two-year, $14 million contract with the Seattle Mariners, according to a baseball source.
The deal includes an additional $500,000 per year in incentives based on games finished, the source said. The deal is pending completion of a physical exam.
Rodney, 36, has 172 career saves over 11 seasons with the Detroit Tigers, Los Angeles Angels and Tampa Bay Rays. He made the AL All-Star team and finished fifth in Cy Young Award balloting in 2012, and recorded a combined 85 saves for the Rays in the past two seasons.
Grantland's Jonah Keri was first to report the agreement.
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos