Umpire Joyce misses call at 1st base in NLDS
It's another umpiring call that went the St. Louis Cardinals way this postseason.WASHINGTON -- It's another umpiring call that went the St. Louis Cardinals way this postseason.
And it's not the first time TV replays show umpire Jim Joyce missed a call at first base.
Joyce ruled Nationals batter Danny Espinosa out when he bunted with a runner on and no outs in the second inning of Wednesday's Game 3 of Washington's NL division series against St. Louis. Nationals manager Davey Johnson came out to argue as fans booed.
The Cardinals benefited from a disputed infield-fly rule call in their wild-card game victory at the Atlanta Braves last week. Fans at that game responded by tossing trash on the field.
Joyce is best known for blowing a call at first base to ruin Detroit pitcher Armando Galarraga's bid for a perfect game in 2010.
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 39 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 26 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos