Indians OF Brantley has sports hernia surgery
Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has had successful surgery to repair a sports hernia.CLEVELAND -- Indians outfielder Michael Brantley has had successful surgery to repair a sports hernia.
The Indians said Brantley had the operation on Thursday in Philadelphia. The procedure took just 24 minutes to complete. Brantley is expected to need between three and six weeks to recover. Brantley will begin therapy next week in Florida and he is not expected to be restricted once he begins his offseason conditioning program.
Brantley batted a team-best .288 in 149 games this season. He hit six homers with 60 RBIs and had 12 steals.
The 25-year-old has spent four seasons with Cleveland, which acquired him as part of the deal for ace CC Sabathia in 2008.
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 52 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 19 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 17 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 18 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
52 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos