Athletics trade Ross to Padres in 4-player deal
The Oakland Athletics have traded right-hander Tyson Ross and minor league first baseman A.J. Kirby-Jones to the San Diego Padres for infielder Andy Parrino and left-hander Andrew Werner.OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics have traded right-hander Tyson Ross and minor league first baseman A.J. Kirby-Jones to the San Diego Padres for infielder Andy Parrino and left-hander Andrew Werner.
The deal was announced Friday.
Ross was 2-11 with a 6.50 ERA in five stays with the A's last season. The 25-year-old made 13 starts during his first four stints and later had five relief appearances in September with the AL West champions.
The 24-year-old Kirby-Jones hit .248 with 21 home runs and 69 RBIs at Class A Stockton.
Parrino, a 27-year-old switch-hitter, batted .207 with one home run and six RBIs in 55 games with San Diego.
The 25-year-old Werner went 2-3 with a 5.58 ERA in eight starts for the Padres.
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos