Athletics trade Ross to Padres in 4-player deal
The Oakland Athletics have traded right-hander Tyson Ross and minor league first baseman A.J. Kirby-Jones to the San Diego Padres for infielder Andy Parrino and left-hander Andrew Werner.OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Oakland Athletics have traded right-hander Tyson Ross and minor league first baseman A.J. Kirby-Jones to the San Diego Padres for infielder Andy Parrino and left-hander Andrew Werner.
The deal was announced Friday.
Ross was 2-11 with a 6.50 ERA in five stays with the A's last season. The 25-year-old made 13 starts during his first four stints and later had five relief appearances in September with the AL West champions.
The 24-year-old Kirby-Jones hit .248 with 21 home runs and 69 RBIs at Class A Stockton.
Parrino, a 27-year-old switch-hitter, batted .207 with one home run and six RBIs in 55 games with San Diego.
The 25-year-old Werner went 2-3 with a 5.58 ERA in eight starts for the Padres.
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 58 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 8 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 15 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos