Sources: Toronto close to naming new manager
The Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position with the Boston Red Sox, sources said.The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.
Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.
Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 8 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 31 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos