Sources: Toronto close to naming new manager
The Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position with the Boston Red Sox, sources said.The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.
Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.
Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 45 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 47 min ago
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion 27 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 50 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Warminster 37 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 56 min ago
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 58 min ago
- Video: Pa. contender in Sriracha search for new home 17 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
24 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
15 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos