Sources: Toronto close to naming new manager
The Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position with the Boston Red Sox, sources said.The Toronto Blue Jays are close to announcing their next manager less than a month after John Farrell left for the same position as part of a trade with the Boston Red Sox, sources have told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.
Two of the final names being discussed were Jim Tracy and Jim Riggleman, the sources said.
Tracy resigned from the Colorado Rockies last month after the team set a franchise record for losses with a 64-98 record.
Riggleman last managed in the big leagues for the Washington Nationals in June 2011, when he abruptly quit after general manager Mike Rizzo declined to discuss a contract extension. He has since been managing for a Cincinnati Reds Double-A club in Pensacola, Fla.
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 33 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in local scam
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos