Padres pick up option years on Black's contract
The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract.SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract.
The club previously had extended Black's contract through 2013.
Black replaced Bruce Bochy as manager before the 2007 season. He is 464-509 (.477) in six seasons, including a 90-72 mark in 2010. Black won the NL Manager of the Year Award that season.
Also Monday, the Padres agreed with outfielder Kyle Blanks on a $605,000, one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos