Padres pick up option years on Black's contract
The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract.SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres have exercised the 2014 and 2015 option years in manager Bud Black's contract.
The club previously had extended Black's contract through 2013.
Black replaced Bruce Bochy as manager before the 2007 season. He is 464-509 (.477) in six seasons, including a 90-72 mark in 2010. Black won the NL Manager of the Year Award that season.
Also Monday, the Padres agreed with outfielder Kyle Blanks on a $605,000, one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 46 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 59 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 50 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 52 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
36 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
33 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos