Sources: Pettitte near $11M deal with Yankees
Andy Pettitte is close to formally announcing he's coming back, and he's close to finishing a new deal with the Yankees, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney on Tuesday.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sunday he knows of no timetable for Pettitte's decision, except that the left-hander told him after the season he would make it "soon."
Meanwhile, the Yankees and Russell Martin continue negotiations, but the free-agent catcher has recently visited "multiple cities" to gauge his comfort level if he was to leave, his agent, Matt Colleran, told ESPN New York on Monday.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 15 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
40 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos