Sources: Pettitte near $11M deal with Yankees
Andy Pettitte is close to formally announcing he's coming back, and he's close to finishing a new deal with the Yankees, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney on Tuesday.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said Sunday he knows of no timetable for Pettitte's decision, except that the left-hander told him after the season he would make it "soon."
Meanwhile, the Yankees and Russell Martin continue negotiations, but the free-agent catcher has recently visited "multiple cities" to gauge his comfort level if he was to leave, his agent, Matt Colleran, told ESPN New York on Monday.
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos