Twins sign reliever Burton for 2 years, $5.5M
The Minnesota Twins have agreed to terms with right-handed reliever Jared Burton on a two-year, $5.5 million contract that includes a club option for the 2015 season.
The deal was worked out Thursday at baseball's winter meetings in Nashville, Tenn.
The 31-year-old Burton had five saves and a 2.18 ERA in 62 innings with 16 walks and 55 strikeouts in 2012, his first season with the Twins. Burton became the primary eighth-inning setup man for closer Glen Perkins. Burton previously pitched for the Cincinnati Reds.
Burton will make $2.05 million in 2013 and $3.25 million in 2014. The Twins hold a $3.6 million option for 2015 with a $200,000 buyout.
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 36 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar 49 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos