Cardinals, reliever Choate finalize 3-year deal
Reliever Randy Choate and the St. Louis Cardinals have finalized a $7.5 million, three-year contract.ST. LOUIS -- Reliever Randy Choate and the St. Louis Cardinals have finalized a $7.5 million, three-year contract.
The deal was announced Friday, two days after it was agreed to at the winter meetings.
He gets $1.5 million next season and $3 million in each of the following two years. He can earn an additional $250,000 annually based on relief appearances: $50,000 for 70, $75,000 for 75 and $125,000 for 80.
The 37-year-old left-hander tied for the major league lead with 80 pitching appearances this year, splitting the season between the Miami Marlins and Los Angeles Dodgers. Choate is 11-11 with a 4.02 ERA and six saves in 476 games during a big league career that began in 2000.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 34 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 32 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 28 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 33 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
32 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car...
34 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's...
37 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos