MLB's Stand Up To Cancer auction raises $152K
Major League Baseball's auction benefiting Stand Up to Cancer raised $152,700.NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball's auction benefiting Stand Up to Cancer raised $152,700.
The commissioner's office said Friday a one-day public relations internship with the New York Yankees generated the highest bid at $8,125.
A chance to meet AL Rookie of the Year Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels was next at $7,425, followed by a ticket package for next year's All-Star Game at New York's Citi Field that includes meeting Joe Torre and Tony La Russa ($6,527).
Breakfast with San Francisco outfielder Hunter Pence was next at $5,825, followed by a Washington Nationals draft-day experience ($5,050). A private baseball lesson with San Diego first-base coach Dave Roberts sold for $4,575. Roberts was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma two years ago.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos