MLB's Stand Up To Cancer auction raises $152K
Major League Baseball's auction benefiting Stand Up to Cancer raised $152,700.NEW YORK -- Major League Baseball's auction benefiting Stand Up to Cancer raised $152,700.
The commissioner's office said Friday a one-day public relations internship with the New York Yankees generated the highest bid at $8,125.
A chance to meet AL Rookie of the Year Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels was next at $7,425, followed by a ticket package for next year's All-Star Game at New York's Citi Field that includes meeting Joe Torre and Tony La Russa ($6,527).
Breakfast with San Francisco outfielder Hunter Pence was next at $5,825, followed by a Washington Nationals draft-day experience ($5,050). A private baseball lesson with San Diego first-base coach Dave Roberts sold for $4,575. Roberts was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma two years ago.
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Finding the perfect bra
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos