D-backs, infielder Chavez finalize one-year deal
The Arizona Diamondbacks and infielder Eric Chavez finalized a $3 million, one-year contract Saturday.PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks and infielder Eric Chavez finalized a $3 million, one-year contract Saturday.
The 35-year-old Chavez hit .281 with 16 homers in 278 at-bats last season for the New York Yankees, playing first and third base and at designated hitter.
Chavez was a six-time Gold Glove third baseman with Oakland before injuries sidelined him for significant time for several years. But he found success in a limited role with New York, seeing more playing time after Alex Rodriguez broke his hand in late July.
In 1,491 games with Oakland and New York, Chavez has a .267 average with 248 home runs and 850 RBIs.
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos