D-backs, infielder Chavez finalize one-year deal
The Arizona Diamondbacks and infielder Eric Chavez finalized a $3 million, one-year contract Saturday.PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks and infielder Eric Chavez finalized a $3 million, one-year contract Saturday.
The 35-year-old Chavez hit .281 with 16 homers in 278 at-bats last season for the New York Yankees, playing first and third base and at designated hitter.
Chavez was a six-time Gold Glove third baseman with Oakland before injuries sidelined him for significant time for several years. But he found success in a limited role with New York, seeing more playing time after Alex Rodriguez broke his hand in late July.
In 1,491 games with Oakland and New York, Chavez has a .267 average with 248 home runs and 850 RBIs.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos