Source: Correia signs two-year deal with Twins
Free agent right-hander Kevin Correia has reached agreement on a two-year, $10 million contract with the Minnesota Twins, a baseball source said Monday night.Free agent right-hander Kevin Correia has reached agreement on a two-year, $10 million contract with the Minnesota Twins, a baseball source said Monday night.
Over the past two weeks, Minnesota general manager Terry Ryan has made several additions to fortify the team's pitching. He picked up prospect Alex Meyer from Washington in a trade for center fielder Denard Span, and added pitchers Vance Worley and Trevor May at the winter meetings in Nashville in a deal for outfielder Ben Revere.
Worley and Correia will join a Minnesota rotation that went 39-75 with a 5.40 ERA in 2012. Only the Colorado Rockies' rotation was worse, with a 29-68 record and an ERA of 5.81.
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 10 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 3 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 52 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos