Andruw Jones set to sign with Japanese team
The Rakuten Eagles of Japan's Pacific League say they are set to sign veteran major league outfielder Andruw Jones.
TOKYO -- The Rakuten Eagles of Japan's Pacific League say they are set to sign veteran major league outfielder Andruw Jones.
The 35-year-old Jones became a free agent after playing for the New York Yankees the last two seasons, and the Eagles said he is expected to complete a deal after undergoing a physical.
Jones played in 94 games last season for New York, batting .197 with 14 home runs.
Jones is a five-time All-Star and has 10 Gold Gloves.
He hit 434 career home runs over 17 seasons in the major leagues and could provide a boost for the Eagles, whose 52 homers were the fewest in Japan last season.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos