Rangers' Washington wants Hamilton to return
Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington says he wants Josh Hamilton to re-sign with the club.Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington wants Josh Hamilton back and said Tuesday that the slugger "knows how we feel and where we stand."
Hamilton remains the top free-agent hitter on the market this offseason. The Rangers continue to show interest, and general manager Jon Daniels said last week that the lines of communication remain open between the club and Hamilton's agent, Mike Moye."It's no secret that I have a lot of respect for Josh. It's no secret that I would like to have Josh back," Washington said on the "Ben and Skin Show" on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM.
Hamilton flew to Nashville last week for part of the winter meetings, presumably to meet with some prospective clubs and answer any questions. Moye did meet with the Rangers after Hamilton left Nashville so that both sides could get a sense of where things are in the process.
Seattle has shown interest in Hamilton, and a source told ESPNBoston.com Monday that the Red Sox are still in the mix. Other teams could try to get in the hunt, now that some other free agents and trade possibilities have been exhausted.Washington said that Daniels, CEO Nolan Ryan and the rest of the front office staff "will do everything we can to get (Hamilton) back."
"It's just a matter of him and Nolan and Jon and everyone up top getting together and putting something together and keeping him in the fold," he said. "But the process is still going on and we have to wait and see where it goes."
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 44 min ago
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 39 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos