Cardinals agree on one-year deal with Freese
The St. Louis Cardinals and 2011 World Series MVP David Freese have reached an agreement on a one-year contract that avoids salary arbitration.
Terms of the deal announced Friday were not disclosed. The Cardinals have now come to terms with all arbitration-eligible players.
Freese is a St. Louis County native. The third baseman hit .283 with 20 home runs and 79 RBIs last season and earned his first All-Star appearance.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos