Cards' Freese gets $3.15M under 1-year deal
Former World Series MVP David Freese will earn $3.15 million under his one-year contract with the St. Louis Cardinals, nearly six times the $518,000 he made last year.
A St. Louis County native, Freese hit .283 with 20 home runs and 79 RBIs last season and earned his first All-Star appearance. He was eligible for arbitration for the first time.
Freese, MVP of the 2011 World Series win over Texas, had asked for $3.75 million and had been offered $2.4 million when players and teams exchanged arbitration figures last month.
Friday's agreement made Freese the final player to settle among the three Cardinals who filed for arbitration.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos