Cards' Freese gets $3.15M under 1-year deal
Former World Series MVP David Freese will earn $3.15 million under his one-year contract with the St. Louis Cardinals, nearly six times the $518,000 he made last year.
A St. Louis County native, Freese hit .283 with 20 home runs and 79 RBIs last season and earned his first All-Star appearance. He was eligible for arbitration for the first time.
Freese, MVP of the 2011 World Series win over Texas, had asked for $3.75 million and had been offered $2.4 million when players and teams exchanged arbitration figures last month.
Friday's agreement made Freese the final player to settle among the three Cardinals who filed for arbitration.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos