Pirates sign vet Inge, invite him to spring camp
The Pittsburgh Pirates have signed infielder Brandon Inge.
Inge, who played catcher, infield and outfield for the Detroit Tigers, agreed to a minor league contract on Wednesday and received in invitation to spring training.
Inge, 35, was released by Detroit after just nine games last season, and was signed by Oakland. He hit .226 with 11 home runs and 52 RBIs in 74 games for the Athletics, as they advanced to the postseason.
Originally selected by Detroit in the second round of the 1998 draft, Inge made his debut with the Tigers in 2001, and was an American League All-Star in 2009. Inge has a .234 career average, with 151 home runs, 641 RBIs and 1,147 hits.
The Pirates now have 61 players in major league camp.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos