Braves closer Kimbrel knocks in hole-in-one
Atlanta Braves closer Craig Kimbrel was almost unhittable in 2012. He has bigger plans this season.KISSIMMEE, Fla. -- Atlanta Braves closer Craig Kimbrel was almost unhittable in 2012. He has bigger plans this season.
He got off to a great start on Monday when with a hole-in-one at the tough ChampionsGate Golf Club. Kimbrel lost sight of the ball on the 180-yard second hole, and figured it fell into a greenside bunker. He looked everywhere except the hole.
Kimbrel says he "couldn't believe it," adding, "I think it went in on the fly. It was my first one."
He got a break after the round when he was made aware that it was up to anyone shooting an ace to buy a round of drinks for everyone.
Kimbrel says laughing, "It was a charity event. There was an open bar. I paid for it all."
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 21 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos