Braves to retire Chipper's No. 10 on June 28
The Atlanta Braves will retire Chipper Jones' number and induct him into the team's hall of fame on June 28.ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves will retire Chipper Jones' number and induct him into the team's hall of fame on June 28.
The Braves announced Tuesday they will hold a banquet and ceremony honoring Jones before their game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Jones spent his entire two-decade career with the Braves before retiring after last season. He won the National League MVP in 1999, claimed the league batting title in 2008, and was an eight-time All Star.
No. 10 will be 10th number retired by the Braves, joining Hank Aaron's 44, Eddie Mathews' 41, Dale Murphy's 3, Phil Niekro's 35, Warren Spahn's 21, Greg Maddux's 31, Tom Glavine's 47, Bobby Cox's 6, and John Smoltz's 29. All major league teams retired No. 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson.
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 10 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 54 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 44 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
26 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos