Twins send pitching prospect Gibson to minors
Minnesota Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson will begin his comeback season from Tommy John surgery in the minors.MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins right-hander Kyle Gibson will begin his comeback season from Tommy John surgery in the minors.
The Twins optioned Gibson to Triple-A Rochester on Thursday.
The former first-round draft pick was considered among the favorites to make the Twins rotation to start the season. But he struggled with his command in four spring training outings. Gibson gave up eight runs in eight innings over those four appearances. He threw three wild pitches in one inning against Philadelphia last weekend.
That, coupled with right-hander Cole De Vries' strong spring, may have convinced the Twins to start Gibson in the minors.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 9 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 42 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos