Tigers' Carrillo, linked to report, banned for 100
The Detroit Tigers say minor league right-hander Cesar Carrillo has been suspended 100 games for violating baseball's minor league drug prevention and treatment program.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers say minor league right-hander Cesar Carrillo has been suspended 100 games for violating baseball's minor league drug prevention and treatment program.
The team posted a release on its website Friday, saying the commissioner's office announced the suspension.
Carrillo's suspension is effective at the start of the season. He is currently on the roster of Erie, which is Detroit's Double-A affiliate.
Carrillo's name was included in a Miami New Times report earlier this year, when the alternative weekly newspaper said it had acquired records from a Florida clinic the paper said sold performance-enhancing drugs.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 36 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 52 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 57 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
52 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos