Dodgers' Ramirez injures thumb in WBC game
Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered a thumb injury Tuesday while playing for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic championship game.Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Hanley Ramirez suffered a thumb injury Tuesday while playing for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic championship game.
Ramirez was fitted with a splint as a precautionary measure, the MLB Network reported during the telecast of the Dominican Republic's victory over Puerto Rico. The three-time All-Star will be evaluated by Dodgers team doctors on Wednesday.
It is unclear how Ramirez, who played third base during the tournament, suffered the injury. He made a diving attempt at a grounder in the third inning but did not leave the contest until the sixth.
Ramirez is set to enter his first full season with the Dodgers, who acquired the former NL batting champion in a blockbuster trade last year with the Miami Marlins.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos