Blue Jays add one year to LHP Happ's contract
Pitcher J.A. Happ and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $9.1 million, two-year contract that adds an additional $5.4 million and one season to the deal he reached in January.DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Pitcher J.A. Happ and the Toronto Blue Jays have agreed to a $9.1 million, two-year contract that adds an additional $5.4 million and one season to the deal he reached in January.
Happ's salary remains $3.7 million for this year, and the new deal adds a $5.2 million salary for 2014 and a $6.7 million team option for 2015 with a $200,000 buyout.
The left-hander went a combined 10-11 with a 4.79 ERA in 28 games last year for Houston and Toronto. He is 35-35 with a 4.19 ERA in six seasons with Philadelphia, the Astros and Blue Jays.
Happ has a 1.90 ERA in seven appearances this spring training.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 17 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 37 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos