Former AL MVP Tejada added to Royals' roster
The Kansas City Royals have added former AL MVP Miguel Tejada to their Opening Day roster and placed left-hander Danny Duffy on the 15-day disabled list.
Neither move announced Sunday was a surprise.
Manager Ned Yost said Friday that Tejada made the team. The six-time All-Star last played in the major leagues in 2011 with the San Francisco Giants. He spent last season with Baltimore's Triple-A team at Norfolk, batting .259 with no home runs and 18 RBIs in 135 at-bats before he was released on June 25.
Duffy made six starts last season and is recuperating from Tommy John surgery on his elbow. He is expected to return around midseason.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
1 min ago