Rays place Niemann on 15-day disabled list
The Tampa Bay Rays have put right-hander Jeff Niemann on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his pitching shoulder.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Rays have put right-hander Jeff Niemann on the 15-day disabled list because of soreness in his pitching shoulder.
The move was retroactive to March 28 and announced before Friday night's game against the Cleveland Indians.
Niemann has yet to appear in a game this season. He competed for the fifth spot in the rotation during spring training and was moved to the bullpen after Roberto Hernandez won the job.
Right-hander Brandon Gomes was recalled from Triple-A Durham to fill the roster opening.
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos