Sprained knee lands Brewers' Ramirez on DL
Third baseman Aramis Ramirez has been placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Milwaukee Brewers.
The move was made Saturday after an MRI confirmed the two-time All-Star sprained his left knee sliding into second base Friday night during Milwaukee's 3-1 loss to Arizona.
Ramirez, who was 5 for 13 with three doubles in the first four games of the season, sustained a similar injury during spring training and missed two weeks.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke says he hopes Ramirez will be ready to come off the DL after 15 days.
Josh Prince was called up from Triple-A Nashville to fill the roster spot. Prince batted .251 with Double-A Huntsville last season and went 4 for 30 during spring training with the Brewers while being groomed for a utility role.
In addition to Ramirez's injury, the Brewers were without slugger Ryan Braun for the second consecutive game due to neck spasms. Braun is day to day.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 32 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos