Rays' bus hit on way to game vs. Rangers
A bus taking Tampa Bay players and staff from their hotel to Rangers Ballpark was in a minor accident that didn't result in any injuries.ARLINGTON, Texas -- A bus taking Tampa Bay players and staff from their hotel to Rangers Ballpark was in a minor accident that didn't result in any injuries.
Rays manager Joe Maddon says the bus was making a left turn soon after leaving the team's Fort Worth hotel Monday when it was hit by another vehicle. Maddon describes the impact as "innocuous" and "really little, to the point where you didn't even know."
There was about a 15-minute delay while the bus driver got out and addressed the situation.
Maddon says the bus was turning when the driver suddenly said something. The manager, who had to ask to driver if the bus had been hit, says it was like two base runners colliding on a basepath.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos