Braves' Avilan feels better, hopes to avoid DL
Atlanta Braves reliever Luis Avilan is feeling better after being carted off the field the previous night because of severe pain in his left leg.
The left-hander went down while pitching in the ninth inning Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals. But, after being checked out Wednesday morning before the finale of a two-game series, it appears he just had a severe cramp.
Avilan says his leg "is better now. It's way better now." He believes he'll be able to pitch again in a couple of days and hopes to avoid the 15-day disabled list.
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 19 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 30 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 35 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos