Braves' Avilan feels better, hopes to avoid DL
Atlanta Braves reliever Luis Avilan is feeling better after being carted off the field the previous night because of severe pain in his left leg.
The left-hander went down while pitching in the ninth inning Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals. But, after being checked out Wednesday morning before the finale of a two-game series, it appears he just had a severe cramp.
Avilan says his leg "is better now. It's way better now." He believes he'll be able to pitch again in a couple of days and hopes to avoid the 15-day disabled list.
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting 16 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos