Source: Rangers place Borbon on waivers
The Texas Rangers have placed outfielder Julio Borbon on outright waivers Wednesday in advance of the 2 p.m. ET deadline, a major league source said.
Interest in Borbon didn't materialize enough to get a return in a trade, the source said. The Rangers had been hopeful Tuesday that there was enough interest in Borbon to complete a deal.
The Rangers designated the 27-year-old outfielder for assignment last Tuesday when they called up pitcher Nick Tepesch.
They had 10 days to trade him or put him on waivers. Borbon has to clear waivers before the Rangers can send him to Round Rock, but that is not expected to happen.
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 2 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 22 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 44 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos