Source: Rangers place Borbon on waivers
The Texas Rangers have placed outfielder Julio Borbon on outright waivers Wednesday in advance of the 2 p.m. ET deadline, a major league source said.
Interest in Borbon didn't materialize enough to get a return in a trade, the source said. The Rangers had been hopeful Tuesday that there was enough interest in Borbon to complete a deal.
The Rangers designated the 27-year-old outfielder for assignment last Tuesday when they called up pitcher Nick Tepesch.
They had 10 days to trade him or put him on waivers. Borbon has to clear waivers before the Rangers can send him to Round Rock, but that is not expected to happen.
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 10 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos