Phillies place Lannan (knee) on 15-day DL
Phillies pitcher John Lannan has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained quadriceps tendon in his left knee.PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies pitcher John Lannan has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained quadriceps tendon in his left knee.
The move was made Thursday before Philadelphia hosted the St. Louis Cardinals. Lannan aggravated the injury during an 11-2 loss to Cincinnati on Wednesday, when he gave up six runs and eight hits in 1 2-3 innings. He said he first experienced pain in his knee during his previous start last Friday against the Marlins.
In three games, Lannan is 0-1 with a 6.14 ERA while allowing 16 hits and two walks in 14 2-3 innings.
The Phillies recalled left-hander Joe Savery from Triple-A Lehigh Valley following Thursday's 4-3 loss to the Cardinals to replace Lannan.
Savery is 1-0 with 7 2-3 scoreless innings, 11 strikeouts and no walks.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 50 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 37 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
42 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos