Phillies place Lannan (knee) on 15-day DL
Phillies pitcher John Lannan has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained quadriceps tendon in his left knee.PHILADELPHIA -- Phillies pitcher John Lannan has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained quadriceps tendon in his left knee.
The move was made Thursday before Philadelphia hosted the St. Louis Cardinals. Lannan aggravated the injury during an 11-2 loss to Cincinnati on Wednesday, when he gave up six runs and eight hits in 1 2-3 innings. He said he first experienced pain in his knee during his previous start last Friday against the Marlins.
In three games, Lannan is 0-1 with a 6.14 ERA while allowing 16 hits and two walks in 14 2-3 innings.
The Phillies recalled left-hander Joe Savery from Triple-A Lehigh Valley following Thursday's 4-3 loss to the Cardinals to replace Lannan.
Savery is 1-0 with 7 2-3 scoreless innings, 11 strikeouts and no walks.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 56 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 55 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos