Angels put 3B Callaspo on DL with calf strain
The Los Angeles Angels have placed third baseman Alberto Callaspo on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right calf.
The Angels' move Friday is retroactive to April 12.
Callaspo hasn't played since April 11, sitting out five straight games. He batted .273 in the first nine games for the struggling Angels, who opened a six-game homestand against Detroit on Friday night.
Los Angeles is missing half of its starting infield without Callaspo and shortstop Erick Aybar, who went on the disabled list last weekend with a sore left heel.
The Angels recalled right-handed reliever Michael Kohn from Triple-A Salt Lake to take Callaspo's roster spot. He has appeared in 38 games for Los Angeles over the past two seasons.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 1 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos