Indians place Myers on DL with elbow injury
The Cleveland Indians have placed starter Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow.HOUSTON -- The Cleveland Indians have placed starter Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list with inflammation in his right elbow.
The move is retroactive to Saturday, and they selected the contract of right-hander Fernando Nieve from Triple-A Columbus to take his spot on the roster.
Myers was scheduled to fly back to Cleveland on Sunday for tests on his elbow. Manager Terry Francona says the Indians knew he wouldn't be able to make his next start and needed another pitcher in the bullpen.
Myers is 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in three starts and one relief appearances this season, allowing an MLB-high 10 homers.
Right-hander Corey Kluber will start in place of Myers on Wednesday against the White Sox.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos