A's acquire OF Casper Wells from Blue Jays
The Oakland Athletics have bought outfielder Casper Wells from the Toronto Blue Jays.
The A's transferred infielder Scott Sizemore to the 60-day disabled list Monday to clear a spot on the 40-man roster. Oakland will make a move to put Wells on the 25-man roster once he joins the team in Boston.
Wells spent spring training with Seattle but did not make the team. The Blue Jays claimed him off waivers April 10 and he did not play a game before being designated for assignment.
The 28-year-old Wells hit .228 with 10 homers and 36 RBIs in 93 games with the Mariners last season.
Sizemore is out for the season with a left knee injury.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 32 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos