A's acquire OF Casper Wells from Blue Jays
The Oakland Athletics have bought outfielder Casper Wells from the Toronto Blue Jays.
The A's transferred infielder Scott Sizemore to the 60-day disabled list Monday to clear a spot on the 40-man roster. Oakland will make a move to put Wells on the 25-man roster once he joins the team in Boston.
Wells spent spring training with Seattle but did not make the team. The Blue Jays claimed him off waivers April 10 and he did not play a game before being designated for assignment.
The 28-year-old Wells hit .228 with 10 homers and 36 RBIs in 93 games with the Mariners last season.
Sizemore is out for the season with a left knee injury.
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 21 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 32 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 42 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 29 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 28 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 45 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 19 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
45 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
21 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos