Jays' Dickey will pitch with ailing back, neck
Blue Jays right-hander R.A. Dickey expects to make his scheduled start on Tuesday against the Orioles despite being bothered by soreness in his neck and back.BALTIMORE -- Blue Jays right-hander R.A. Dickey expects to make his scheduled start on Tuesday against the Orioles despite being bothered by soreness in his neck and back.
Dickey was forced to leave his last start on April 18 after throwing six shutout innings against the Chicago White Sox. The knuckleballer says he first experienced the injury in his previous start at Kansas City.
Before Toronto faced Baltimore on Monday, Dickey said, "I feel better than I did leading into my last start. I think we've given it enough rest and treatment."
Dickey skipped his bullpen session between starts, choosing to play catch on the side instead.
The 38-year-old wasn't sure how long he would last Tuesday, saying, "It tends to tighten up as the game goes along."
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 53 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for...
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos