O's prospect Bundy (elbow) visits Andrews
Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews.BALTIMORE -- Orioles prized pitching prospect Dylan Bundy wants another opinion on his ailing right arm, this time from Dr. James Andrews.
Bundy has been sidelined since developing elbow soreness late in spring training. The right-hander experienced discomfort while throwing from 90 feet on Monday, which spurred him into requesting a second opinion.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Tuesday the team has not received the results of Dr. Andrews' examination in Florida.
Showalter says the problem with Bundy's arm is a "flexor mass," which is more the forearm than the elbow. Showalter says an MRI on the elbow "looked good."
Bundy was selected fourth overall in the 2011 amateur draft. He made his professional debut last year and pitched two games during September with the Orioles.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos