Indians catcher Marson activated from DL
Indians catcher Lou Marson has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is starting their game against the Chicago White Sox.
Marson strained his neck after a home plate collision April 6 at Tampa Bay. He had appeared in two games and had two walks and no hits.
Cleveland optioned catcher Yan Gomes to Triple-A Columbus before Wednesday's game. Gomes hit .211 (4 for 19) with a triple, two home runs and three RBIs in six games.
The Indians also said Wednesday that outfielder Michael Bourn could resume baseball activities later this week if stitches are removed after he lacerated his right index finger. Bourn is scheduled to be examined Thursday in Cleveland and is set to come off the disabled list April 30.
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 34 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 53 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 57 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos