Indians catcher Marson activated from DL
Indians catcher Lou Marson has been activated from the 15-day disabled list and is starting their game against the Chicago White Sox.
Marson strained his neck after a home plate collision April 6 at Tampa Bay. He had appeared in two games and had two walks and no hits.
Cleveland optioned catcher Yan Gomes to Triple-A Columbus before Wednesday's game. Gomes hit .211 (4 for 19) with a triple, two home runs and three RBIs in six games.
The Indians also said Wednesday that outfielder Michael Bourn could resume baseball activities later this week if stitches are removed after he lacerated his right index finger. Bourn is scheduled to be examined Thursday in Cleveland and is set to come off the disabled list April 30.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 55 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
34 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
19 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos