Jays expect Johnson back in rotation next week
The Toronto Blue Jays expect right-hander Josh Johnson to return to the rotation late next week.NEW YORK -- The Toronto Blue Jays expect right-hander Josh Johnson to return to the rotation late next week.
Johnson was scratched from a start Friday night because of tightness in his right triceps. Manager John Gibbons says team doctors don't think the problem is serious and the team said Saturday that an MRI came back clean.
Gibbons says Johnson will throw on the side early next week and start a few days later "unless something changes."
Johnson is 0-1 with a 6.86 ERA in four starts since being acquired in an offseason trade with Miami.
The Blue Jays selected the contract of righty Justin Germano from Triple-A Buffalo before Saturday's game. Toronto designated lefty Aaron Laffey for assignment on Friday night after he started for Johnson and walked five in 2 2-3 innings against the Yankees.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 3 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 5 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 24 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
5 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos