Shoulder holds Swisher out of Indians lineup
Cleveland Indians outfielder Nick Swisher is out of the lineup against Philadelphia because of a sore left shoulder.CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Indians outfielder Nick Swisher is out of the lineup against Philadelphia because of a sore left shoulder.
Indians manager Terry Francona said Swisher, who is in an 4-for-28 slump, could also miss Wednesday's game against the Phillies. Swisher, who started Cleveland's first 23 games, is batting .265 with two homers and nine RBIs.
Outfielder Michael Bourn, eligible to come off the 15-day disabled list Tuesday, will remain sidelined for at least the next few days. Bourn hasn't played since April 14 when he suffered a lacerated right index finger after he slid headfirst into first base and was stepped on by White Sox pitcher Matt Thornton.
Bourn said he will play in a couple of games on a minor league rehabilitation assignment before returning.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 16 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos