Braves place Ayala on DL with anxiety disorder
Braves right-hander Luis Ayala was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday because of an anxiety disorder.ATLANTA -- Braves right-hander Luis Ayala was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday because of an anxiety disorder.
Braves general manager Frank Wren said Ayala began feeling ill on the team's recent 10-game trip and was found to have high blood pressure. Wren said Ayala has been placed on medication to treat the high blood pressure and already is feeling better.
Atlanta acquired the 35-year-old from Baltimore on April 10 for minor league left-hander Chris Jones. Ayala was 0-1 with a 3.86 ERA in five games with the Braves, all in relief.
Carpenter did not appear in a game during a brief stay in Atlanta before he was sent back to Gwinnett on April 22.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 4 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 7 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 38 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled 43 min ago
- High wings bring damage to Abington Twp. 46 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
29 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
4 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos