Cards send struggling Boggs down to minors
The St. Louis Cardinals have run out of patience with Mitchell Boggs, demoting the reliever saddled with a 12.66 ERA to Triple-A Memphis on Friday.
Boggs, who began the year as the stand-in closer for injured Jason Motte, walked both batters he faced in the seventh inning of a 6-5 victory at Milwaukee on Thursday night and has allowed 17 hits and 10 walks in 10 2/3 innings.
First baseman Matt Adams was sent on a rehab assignment and could return from a right oblique injury next week. The Cardinals purchased the contract of 21-year-old right-hander Carlos Martinez from Double-A Springfield where he was 1-0 with a 2.31 ERA in three starts.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos