Cards send struggling Boggs down to minors
The St. Louis Cardinals have run out of patience with Mitchell Boggs, demoting the reliever saddled with a 12.66 ERA to Triple-A Memphis on Friday.
Boggs, who began the year as the stand-in closer for injured Jason Motte, walked both batters he faced in the seventh inning of a 6-5 victory at Milwaukee on Thursday night and has allowed 17 hits and 10 walks in 10 2/3 innings.
First baseman Matt Adams was sent on a rehab assignment and could return from a right oblique injury next week. The Cardinals purchased the contract of 21-year-old right-hander Carlos Martinez from Double-A Springfield where he was 1-0 with a 2.31 ERA in three starts.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 51 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos