Victorino returns to Red Sox's starting lineup
Shane Victorino is back in the starting lineup for the Boston Red Sox.
Victorino missed seven games in a row before being in the lineup Friday night for the opener of a three-game series at Texas. He was batting second and playing right field.
Victorino last played April 24 against Oakland. He had a go-ahead RBI double in the fifth inning of that game, but left two innings later because of lower back stiffness. He had come out of a game four days earlier because of the same problem, and also missed both games of a doubleheader April 21.
Going into Friday night's game, Victorino was hitting .292 with eight RBIs. He was 9 for 16 with runners in scoring position.
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 29 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos