Dodgers place Lilly on DL with strained rib cage
The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed left-hander Ted Lilly on the 15-day disabled list with a strain in his right rib cage and activated Friday night starter Clayton Kershaw from the bereavement list.SAN FRANCISCO -- The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed left-hander Ted Lilly on the 15-day disabled list with a strain in his right rib cage and activated Friday night starter Clayton Kershaw from the bereavement list.
Kershaw was to pitch the opener of a weekend series against the San Francisco Giants on regular rest after being away from the club following the death of his father.
Lilly (0-1, 5.63 ERA) underwent MRI exams on his neck and rib cage Monday and received an injection in the rib cage. He lasted only three innings in Monday's home loss to the Rockies, allowing five runs, four earned, and eight hits.
Also Friday, Dodgers first baseman and cleanup hitter Adrian Gonzalez was a late scratch because of neck pain. He collided with an umpire on Wednesday.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser 12 min ago
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos