A's place OF Young on DL with quad strain
The Oakland Athletics have placed Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quadriceps and recalled fellow outfielder Michael Taylor from Triple-A Sacramento.NEW YORK -- The Oakland Athletics have placed Chris Young on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quadriceps and recalled fellow outfielder Michael Taylor from Triple-A Sacramento.
The team says Taylor took a redeye flight to New York and is available for Saturday's game against the Yankees.
Young was injured during Monday night's 19-inning victory over the Angels and was placed on the DL retroactive to April 30. He is batting .172 with four homers and 15 RBIs in his first season with Oakland.
The 27-year-old Taylor, once a highly touted prospect, was hitting .329 with five homers and 16 RBIs in 18 games with the River Cats. He went 0 for 6 with the A's last month, and manager Bob Melvin says he is likely to get playing time against left-handed pitching.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos