Motte has elbow surgery; Cards activate Adams
St. Louis Cardinals closer Jason Motte had season-ending Tommy John surgery Tuesday.CHICAGO -- St. Louis Cardinals closer Jason Motte had season-ending Tommy John surgery on Tuesday.
Motte tweeted the ligament-replacement surgery on his right elbow "went well."
"One day closer to getting back out there then yesterday," he wrote on Twitter.
The Cardinals announced before their game against the Cubs that they had activated first baseman Matt Adams (right oblique) from the disabled list.
Motte was placed on the Cardinals' disabled list March 29 with right elbow soreness. After trying to rehab the injury and play catch, the team decided he should have the elbow-ligament replacement procedure.
Motte saved 42 games in 2012 with a 2.75 ERA.
Edward Mujica has taken over as the closer for St. Louis. He has converted all eight of his chances and has a 2.08 ERA.
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 31 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Clouds to sun, cool today
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos