Howard back in Phils' lineup after 2 games
Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard was in the lineup for Tuesday night's game at Miami after missing two games with a sore left knee.
Howard was listed fourth in the Phillies' batting order against Marlins starter Jose Fernandez.
Howard receiving a cortisone injection Sunday to alleviate inflammation and changes in the meniscus. He missed Philadelphia's 3-2 win against Cincinnati on Sunday and a 5-1 loss in the opener of this series on Monday night.
Howard, batting .245 with six home runs and 22 RBIs this season, had five homers and 16 RBIs in his previous 22 games.
Earlier Tuesday, the Phillies placed catcher Carlos Ruiz on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 2 strained hamstring. He could be sidelined three to four weeks.
Right-hander Tyler Cloyd was recalled from Triple-A Lehigh Valley and was Tuesday night's scheduled starter against Miami.
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 26 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 24 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 46 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos