Phillies' Utley to have MRI on sore ribcage
Philadelphia Phillies second baseman Chase Utley is scheduled for an MRI Thursday on his sore ribcage.
Utley was scratched from the lineup for Philadelphia's 7-3 win against the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night after feeling discomfort in his ribcage during batting practice. He was not in the lineup for Wednesday night's series finale.
Utley hopes to avoid a trip to the disabled list.
"I think we caught it early enough, but it's hard to tell until we have some type of evaluation on it," he said.
Utley is hitting .272 with seven homers and 25 RBIs. He was sidelined with knee problems for significant stretches the past two seasons.
"It definitely scared me a little bit," Utley said. "I took my first swing in BP and felt something. On the second swing, I felt it again. Third swing, felt it again. After the fourth swing, I realized something wasn't right."
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 27 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos