Elbow setback costs D-backs' Eaton 3 weeks
The Arizona Diamondbacks say outfielder Adam Eaton's injured left elbow has an irritation but no structural damage.
PHOENIX -- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Adam Eaton's injured left elbow has an irritation but no structural damage, the team said Thursday.
Still, it's a setback for Eaton, who has been on the disabled list all season. The Diamondbacks say he will spend two to three weeks doing strengthening exercises, then begin a throwing program.
Eaton was within days of his scheduled return to the Diamondbacks when he felt discomfort in the elbow during a rehab start Monday for Triple-A Reno. He returned for an examination Tuesday and received treatment, but the elbow did not react well.
Eaton told azcentral.com that the discomfort was in a different area of his elbow.
"It just feels like someone punched me in the stomach," he said. "It's tough to have a setback like this, but I have to try and learn what I can during this and go forward. Try to take as much good out of a bad situation."
The rookie had been slated to start in center field and bat leadoff this season.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 51 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 8 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
55 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
27 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos