Phillies' Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
The Philadelphia Phillies have placed five-time All-Star second baseman Chase Utley on the 15-day disabled list with an oblique strain.
Utley could miss up to four weeks. The team will make a roster move before Friday's game at Washington.
"We do believe and hope that Chase will be ready to play in Philadelphia within 15 days," general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. "We are being cautious with this injury as it is a tricky one and want to make sure it isn't an issue for him throughout the season."
Utley is batting .272 with seven homers and 25 RBIs. Freddy Galvis has replaced him in the starting lineup.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 41 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos