Collins, Johnson named NL All-Star coaches
Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson have been selected as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field.
NEW YORK -- Current Mets manager Terry Collins and former skipper Davey Johnson have been selected as coaches for next month's All-Star game at Citi Field.
Johnson, currently Washington's skipper, managed the Mets to their last World Series title in 1986. They were picked Thursday by San Francisco's Bruce Bochy, the NL's manager
Detroit's Jim Leyland, the AL manager, also chose coaches with Mets' ties: Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox and John Gibbons of the Toronto Blue Jays. Ventura played for the Mets' last NL pennant winner in 2000 and Gibbons is a former Mets player and minor league manager.
The All-Star Game is July 16.
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 4 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- SEPTA announces strike contingency plan 24 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant 25 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos